Interested in joining the Board of Directors of Third Age Learning Kitchener-Waterloo (TAL-KW)? Below is a brief outline of the Board positions under recruitment.
Generally, Board members have a passion for learning, and have organizational and communication skills. Members share decision making and board responsibilities outlined in our by-laws and policies. Most of all we have fun together.
• File materials electronically; requires organizational skills
• Listen and participate in meetings while noting key content to document
• Prepare and post minutes of Board decisions, actions and discussions
• Keep complete and accurate accounting records using QuickBooks
• Present financial reports at Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting
• Prepare and monitor approved budget and advise the board on financial matters
• Work collaboratively with the President, as preparation for transitioning to the position of President
• Participate and/or lead committees of the Board consistent with skills and interest
• Prepare marketing and communication content to update members
• Create materials (brochures, posters etc.) to promote TAL-KW to current members while attracting new members
• Familiarity with a variety of platforms such as website, social media, e-mail, etc. is an asset
• A position which allows individuals to learn about TAL-KW through participation and observation in order to identify an ongoing role on the board
• Participate in planning and implementation of a series of lectures
• Review evaluations and listen to feedback to support planning and identifying potential presenters
• Liaise with speakers about shaping content, timing and delivery, as well as introducing and thanking presenters
• Community contacts and networks can assist you in this role
• Update, maintain and post material to the TAL K-W website (https://tal-kw.ca)
• Support virtual sessions e.g., familiarity with Zoom Webinar to support presenters and participants with the technology
• Support in-person sessions with audio equipment and support presenters with computer technology e.g., lap top, projectors, PowerPoint and microphones
To express your interest in a Board of Directors position or in another volunteer role, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are interested in and a short note about your experience.